1. Moneyweb is operated by Moneyweb Limited and they and their licensors know and respect that you care how information about you is used and shared. Moneyweb appreciates your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
2. By registering on Moneyweb websites, you are accepting the conditions and practices described.
3. Moneyweb Ltd is the proprietor of a website (and intellectual property thereto) known as “Moneyweb” in the Republic of South Africa.
6. When/if you voluntarily disclose personal identifiable information (e.g. user name, e-mail address) via profile set-up, newsletter subscription, posting of comments and/or reviews, or in other areas of the Moneyweb website, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, may be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. These activities are beyond the control of Moneyweb. E-mail addresses collected during the posting/submission of comments/reviews (from the relevant fields in the form) will not be published on the website. Please do not post any personal information on the Moneyweb website or in other areas that you expect to keep private.
7. As a registered Moneyweb user, you can modify your personal information at any time by accessing the “My Profile” section of the Moneyweb site.
8. Upon your request, Moneyweb will remove you and your personal information from our records; however, it may be impossible to remove your entries as they may have created additional relevant content. Registered users who wish to delete their registration should do so by emailing email@example.com.
9. Information Moneyweb and/or its licensors and/or associates collects:
9.1. User submitted account information such as name, age and email address to identify you and may send you notifications related to the use of the service;
9.2. User submitted location information such as city, state, or area code;
9.3. User submitted reviews, opinions, experiences and ratings of businesses and/or service providers;
9.4. Advertiser submitted advertisements, photos, logos, specials, reviews, opinions and/or incentives to contact their businesses;
10. Some information collected is not explicitly submitted by the user as Moneyweb logs your browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp.
11. How Moneyweb Uses Your Information
11.1. Moneyweb may use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the Moneyweb website, but you may choose not to receive email of this type by accessing the “My Profile” tab of the Moneyweb website and updating your notification settings.
11.2. Browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp data help Moneyweb diagnose problems with the Moneyweb systems, administer Moneyweb, and otherwise provide the highest possible level of service to you. Moneyweb may also use this information to perform statistical analysis of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Moneyweb website and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on, their advertising banners.
12. Transfer of Information
12.1. Moneyweb and/or its licensors and/or associates will disclose information about individual users to governmental or judicial authorities or law enforcement agencies, or to other individuals or entities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
13.1. The Moneyweb website may contain links to third party websites to which Moneyweb has no affiliation. Moneyweb does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. Moneyweb suggests you read the privacy policies on these third party websites.
15.1. Your Moneyweb website membership is password-protected. Please do not under any circumstances offer to share this password with Moneyweb staff. Moneyweb will never request your password from you.
15.2. Moneyweb tries very hard to protect the Moneyweb website users’ information.
15.3. Moneyweb limits the access to your information to those employees who need access to perform their job function such as customer service personnel.
15.4. If you have any questions about the security at the Moneyweb website, please contact Moneyweb.
15.6. You hereby acknowledge that is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release and indemnify Moneyweb from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
17.1. All transactions are processed in South African Rands.
18. Contacting Moneyweb
Oxford Office Park
5 8th Street
PO Box 8,
Telephone number: +27 (0)11 344 8600
Fax number: +27 (0)11 344 8601