You are currently viewing our desktop site, do you want to download our app instead?
Moneyweb Android App Moneyweb iOS App Moneyweb Mobile Web App

NEW SENS search and JSE share prices

More about the app

12.68  /  0.26%


NAV on 2021/09/17
NAV on 2021/09/16 4845.77
52 week high on 2021/08/27 4934.57
52 week low on 2020/10/30 4340.01
Total Expense Ratio on 0
Total Expense Ratio (performance fee) on 0
Incl Dividends
1 month change -1.41% -1.41%
3 month change 0.81% 0.81%
6 month change 0.1% 1.34%
1 year change 8.49% 11.4%
5 year change 2.75% 6.18%
10 year change 5.18% 8.61%
Price data is updated once a day.
Click and drag to zoom in on timeline.
  • Sectoral allocations
Basic Materials 6.22 2.40%
Consumer Discretionary 5.15 1.98%
Financials 3.64 1.40%
General Equity 4.60 1.77%
Industrials 42.16 16.25%
Liquid Assets 37.24 14.35%
SA Bonds 7.05 2.72%
Technology 7.00 2.70%
Offshore 146.45 56.44%
  • Top five holdings
O-CGLOPEQ 32.38 12.48%
O-COGLCPL 11.36 4.38%
 NASPERS-N 7.00 2.7%
ANGLO-NSX 6.22 2.4%
 BATS 5.15 1.98%
  • Performance against peers
  • Fund data  
Management company:
Coronation Fund Managers Ltd.
Formation date:
ISIN code:
Short name:
Namibian CPI
  • Fund management  
Charles de Kock
Charles heads up the Absolute Return investment unit and is a portfolio manager across all strategies within the unit. He also co-manages the Coronation Balanced Defensive and Capital Plus unit trust funds. Charles has more than 30 years’ investment experience, plays a leadership role in the asset allocation process and is involved in all investment discussions.
Duane Cable
Duane is a portfolio manager in Ninety One’s Quality team and heads the South African Quality business. He is a co-portfolio manager of the Cautious Managed Strategy. As the head of South African Quality research, he leads the research agenda for the South African-focused Quality analysts, and is also responsible for analysing South African stocks. As part of the broader global Quality team, he researches global stocks. Prior to joining the firm he was Head of SA Equities at Coronation Fund Managers. He also managed absolute return strategies, including co-portfolio management of the Coronation Balanced Defensive Fund. Before that he was a manager in the Transaction Advisory Services division of Ernst & Young in New York, involved primarily in financial due diligence advisory services re mergers and acquisitions. Duane has a Bachelor of Commerce Honours (Accounting) from the University of Natal. He is a Chartered Account and member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants and is a CFA charterholder.
Eino Imvula

  • Fund manager's comment

2020/02/17 00:00:00
Balanced Defensive is in the first instance managed to protect capital over any 12-month period. In addition, we aim to achieve reasonable investment growth over the long run. It is specifically managed to suit very cautious investors who want to draw an income over an extended period of time.
  • Fund focus and objective  
The fund aims to provide a reasonable level of current income and seeks to preserve capital in real terms, with lower volatility over the medium to long-term. The fund's return objective is to outperform cash plus 3% and it is not a guaranteed fund. The fund is broadly diversified across all asset classes and sectors and will follow an active asset allocation strategy, combined with an appropriate security selection process. The fund complies with Regulation 28 of the Pension Funds Act, which limits exposure to listed real estate and international assets to 25% and 15% respectively. In addition, exposure to a combination of domestic and foreign equities may not exceed 40%. The fund is suitable for: o Investors wanting to protect long-term retirement capital in real terms within a retirement investment vehicle, including retirement annuity funds, living annuities, provident and preservation funds. o Investors seeking a defensive investment solution that would allow them to draw a reasonable level of income coupled with a strong focus on capital preservation in real terms. o Investors with a low tolerance for the volatility of returns associated with equity investing. This fund is not suitable for investors seeking a vehicle that aims to aggressively accumulate capital. The recommended term for this investment is 2 years and longer. The fund will be managed to achieve the following outcome with regards to the risk of capital loss. o Slight in periods greater than 6 months. o Moderate in periods between 3 and 6 months. o Higher in periods less than 3 months.

Follow us:

Search Articles:
Click a Company: